- Envelope(delivery information)
- Headers(Contain information about the message)
- Body(The message itself )
This is outside of our mail. This is used by mailing software and we don’t get to see it. This contain mostly three things,
- Recipient or list of recipients
- Sender’s address (for error messages)
Priority and (sometimes) security information
Email Address- Format
Here gmail.com part is the mail server name. It specifies where the mail should be delivered. This part is not case sensitive.
malingaonfire part is the mailbox name. It specifies which mail box to use. This part can be case sensitive but most of the time it is not.
Other than them there can be lot of headers which gives information and warnings.